Yokohama India - YIN Warranty Policy
Yokohama India - YIN Warranty Policy
1. TYRE WARRANTY ELIGIBILITY: This Warranty applies to all passenger car tyres and SUV tyres (excluding RFT tyres) sold only by authorised dealers of YOKOHAMA INDIA PVT LTD.
2. WHAT TYRE IS WARRANTED (AND HOW LONG): YOKOHAMA passenger car tyres and SUV tyres are covered under Protection Program for 18 months from the date of registration of sale or up to 50% tread wear on pro-rata basis, whichever comes earlier, other than the damages specified on ITEM 4 warranty in proportion to tread wear.
3. Kindly note all the claims under this policy is subject to warranty registration done on Yokohama Smart Service application by authorised dealers of YOKOHAMA INDIA PVT LTD within 7 days of purchase of tyre. Customer would be provided with a unique warranty code on their registered phone number by SMS at the end of registration process. The unique code needs to be provided during claim.
4. TYRES NOT COVERED IN THIS WARRANTY.
A. Tyres not registered by authorised dealers of YOKOHAMA INDIA PVT LTD.
B. Completed the Protection Program tenure of 18 months.
C. Retreated or repaired tyres
D. Worn out tyres
E. Improper application of tyres size or specification.
F. Any type of damage due to the defective mechanical conditions of the vehicle, including misalignment, wheel imbalance and faulty suspension /brakes or vehicle accident.
G. Flat spots on tyre due to immobility.
H. Damaged due to improper mounting / demounting practices.
I. Damage caused due to improper inflation pressure or having been run while flat.
5. Protection Program is applicable in India only on YOKOHAMA Tyres of Pattern code E400 production code 3519 onwards and other pattern from 0119 manufactured by YOKOHAMA INDIA PVT LTD.
6. ADJUSTMENT BY TREAD WEAR PROPORTION:
A. If YOKOHAMA tyres become inefficacious under specified conditions, it will be warranted on treadwear prorated basis.
B. Treadwear would be calculated by the percentage of the Groove depth between original depth and remaining serviceable groove depth i.e., the remaining serviceable tread depth is above 1.6 mm.
7. This warranty isn’t transferable to another customer.
8. ADJUSTMENT PROCEDURE: Claim against the tyre which has become inefficacious with the term of the warranty programme shall be logged with an authorised YOKOHAMA dealer. The consumer will have to present the tyre before the representative of YOKOHAMA INDIA PVT LTD for inspection purpose. The decision made by the authorised YOKOHAMA INDIA PVT LTD representative while accessing the failure shall be final. Post inspection of the tyre by the authroised representative, the consumer shall be free to take back the tyre from the authorised representative of YOKOHAMA INDIA PVT Ltd. Thereafter, the consumer can destroy or discard the said tyre in any manner including dumping it in the dump yard of the company on its own will without any condition imposed on or by YOKOHAMA INDIA PVT LTD. Tyres rejected for any claim as per warranty program remain the property of the consumer and YOKOHAMA INDIA PVT LTD shall not be liable for any loss or damage of the same. All service charges, taxes, mounting and balancing charges shall be borne by the consumer.
9. EXCULSION: All obligations or liabilities for loss of time, inconvenience, loss of use of vehicle or other incidental or consequential damages are hereby excluded.
10. YOKOHAMA INDIA PVT LTD should not be held liable for any statement, representation, commitment, deal, promise or agreement made by its dealers, employees, representatives or OEMs that in any way differs from the terms mentioned in this warranty.
11. YOKOHAMA INDIA PVT LTD reserves the right to change or modify the terms and conditions of Protection Program without having any obligation of informing or giving prior notice to anyone.